Tampilkan postingan dengan label bomb blasts. Tampilkan semua postingan
Tampilkan postingan dengan label bomb blasts. Tampilkan semua postingan

Jumat, 22 Juli 2011

Explosion rocks Government Building in Central Oslo , 2 confirmed dead

Explosion rocks Central Oslo, 2 confirmed dead

Smoke rises from buildings in Oslo, Norway, at the scene of a large explosion which tore apart several buildings.

A loud explosion today shattered windows at the government headquarters in Oslo which includes the Norwegian prime minister’s office, injuring several people.  Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg is safe, government spokeswoman Camilla Ryste said.

Norway PM Stoltenberg says the blasts are “very serious,” bit it istoo early to say if terrorists are to be blamed.

There was no claim of responsibility, though NATO member Norway has been the target of threats, if not bombs, before, notably over its involvement in conflicts in Afghanistan and Libya. Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg was safe, NTB said.

NRK radio said at least two people were killed in an attack that may have brought global political violence to the quiet Scandinavian city.

Images on Norwegian television showed the prime minister’s office and other buildings heavily damaged, sidewalks covered in broken glass and smoke rising from the area.The explosion blew out most of the windows of the 17-storey central government building, cast a huge pall of smoke over the city and scattered shards of metal and other debris for hundreds of meters.

Nearby ministries were also hit, including the oil ministry, which was on fire. Heavy debris littered the streets.

“So far I can confirm that we have received seven people at Oslo University Hospital,” a press officer at the clinic said. “I don’t know how seriously wounded they are.”

oslo bomb blast

Smoke is seen billowing from a damaged building as debris is strewn across the street after an explosion in Oslo, Norway Friday July 22, 2011

Witness Ole Tommy Pedersen was standing at a bus stop about 100 meters from the high-rise at around 3:30 pm (1330GMT) when he saw the blast shatter almost all windows of the 20-floor highrise. He said a cloud of smoke is billowing from the bottom floors.

“I saw three or four injured people being carried out of the building a few minutes later,” Pedersen said. Nearby offices were evacuated including those housing some of Norway’s leading newspapers and news agency NTB.

An AP reporter at the scene saw one person with a bleeding leg being led away from the area.

Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg was reported to have not been in his office at the time of the blast. Police had sealed off the area, which houses the offices of the prime minister, the finance ministry and the country’s biggest tabloid newspaper Verdens Gang (VG).

NRK radio said at least two people were killed in an attack. AP

Two cabinet ministers said that Stoltenberg had been scheduled to be visiting areas far outside Oslo today. News agency NTB also reported that Stoltenberg was “safe”.

Witnesses said the damage was extensive and that injured victims could be seen.

John Drake, senior risk consultant, at London-based consultancy AKE said: “It may not be too dissimilar to the terrorist attack in Stockholm in December which saw a car bomb and secondary explosion shortly after in the downtown area.”

“That attack was later claimed as reprisal for Sweden’s contribution to the efforts in Afghanistan.”

NATO member Norway has sometimes in the past been threatened by leaders of al Qaeda for its involvement in Afghanistan. But political violence is virtually unknown in a country known for sponsoring the Nobel Peace Prize and mediating in international conflicts, including in the Middle East and Sri Lanka.

It has also taken part the NATO bombing of Libya, where Muammar Gaddafi has threatened to strike back in Europe.

Kamis, 14 Juli 2011

Mumbai Terror Attack in Pictures

mumbai terror attack
The morning after blasts
mumbai terror attack
Mumbai police officers inspect debris at the Opera House early on Thursday morning.
mumbai terror attack
Home Minister P Chidambaram said the explosive device in Opera house was placed on the road.
mumbai terror attack
A man watches as the body of his relative is put into an ambulance to be taken for last rites in Mumbai on Thursday.
mumbai terror attack
Three coordinated bombings tore through the heart of India's busy financial capital during rush hour on Wednesday.
mumbai terror attack
Indian officials called an emergency security meeting on Thursday to investigate three coordinated bombings that killed 17 people, and injuring hundreds on Wednesday.
mumbai terror attack
People, left, wait outside the morgue of JJ hospital to claim the bodies of their relatives who died in bomb explosions in Mumbai.
mumbai terror attack
Mumbai policemen sit guard behind barricades at Zaveri Bazar, one of the sites of the blasts in Mumbai.

mumbai terror attack
A man carries egg trays near Zaveri bazar, a site of Thursday's triple bombing in Mumbai, July 14, 2011. Police are looking into "every possible hostile group" in their search for the culprits behind the bombing in the heart of Mumbai.
mumbai terror attack
Visibly tired policemen take a break near Zaveri Bazar, a site of Thursday's triple bombing in Mumbai, July 14, 2011.
mumbai terror attack
People who work at Zaveri Bazar, a site of Thursday's triple bombing, wait for the shops to open in Mumbai, July 14, 2011.
mumbai terror attack
A policeman reads a newspaper as others watches near Zaveri Bazar, one of three sites of explosions in Mumbai, July 14, 2011.
mumbai terror attack
An unidentified relative signs forms at the morgue to claim the body of his brother who died in one of the three bomb explosions, in Mumbai, July 14, 2011.
mumbai terror attack
A child looks out from a torn plastic sheet to watch police near Zaveri Bazar, one of three sites of explosions in Mumbai, July 14, 2011. 
mumbai terror attack
A man watches as the body of his relative is put into an ambulance to be taken for last rites in Mumbai, July 14, 2011. 

Rabu, 13 Juli 2011

Recent Bomb Blasts in India that Shook the Country

List of major bomb blasts in the country:major bomb blast in india


Varanasi, Dec 7, 2010: Two-year-old girl killed and 25 others injured in a blast which takes place between the Dashashwamedh and Shitla ghats on the river Ganga.

Pune, Feb 13, 2010: 17 people killed and over 60 injured when a bomb rips out the famous German bakery in the city.

Mumbai, Nov 26, 2008: 166 people killed in coordinated serial explosions and indiscriminate firing across Mumbai including the crowded CST railway station and two five-star hotels -- Oberoi and Taj.

Assam, Oct 30, 2008: At least 77 killed and over 100 injured in 18 bombings across Assam.

Imphal, Oct 21, 2008: 17 killed in a powerful blast near Manipur Police Commando complex.

Malegaon, Maharashtra, Sep 29, 2008: Five people killed after a bomb kept in a motorbike goes off in a crowded market.

Modasa, Gujarat, Sep 29, 2008: One killed and several injured after a low-intensity bomb kept on a motorcycle goes off near a mosque.


New Delhi, Sep 27, 2008: Three people killed after a crude bomb is thrown in a busy market in Mehrauli.


New Delhi, Sep 13, 2008: 26 people killed in six blasts across the city.

Ahmedabad, July 26, 2008: 57 people killed after 20 synchronised blasts in less than two hours.

Mumbai Terror Attack: Vehicle blasts kill the most in Zaveri Bazaar

Zaveri Bazaar, the city’s densely crowded jewellery market, was bustling with activity at 6.45 pm on  wednesday evening when the first of the blasts that struck Mumbai went off, leaving seven dead and at least 17 others injured.

The bomb was strapped to a Hero Honda motorbike, parked outside the well-known eatery, Mohan Puddlawala.

Within five minutes, around 6.50 pm, another bomb exploded, this one strapped to a scooter.

The twin blasts at Zaveri Bazaar have caused the worst casualty compared to the explosions at Dadar and Opera House. The blast shattered windowpanes in several shops, so many people had shard injuries.

Brothers Saiful and Ahmed, who live in a building close to the spot where the first blast occurred, said: "We initially thought that an LPG cylinder had exploded in the restaurant that occupies the ground floor of our building. We rushed out and only then realised that it was a bomb blast."

Even before the police and other agencies arrived, locals had rushed to help, and many of them took the injured to the hospitals closeby. A local, who identified himself only as Mustafa, was completely soaked in blood.

“I managed to drive two injured people to GT Hospital on my bike," he said. The police, the disaster management team, the quick response team, the paramilitary force, the bomb disposal squad and the fire
brigade all reached the scene of the blast within minutes.

Vijay Shah, a shopkeeper from the area, is anxious as he had sent his 25-year-old delivery boy out in the area for some work. “I am worried as he is not responding to my phone calls. I am afraid as he stopped responding after the blasts.”

Several politicians also hurried to the area. Local BJP leader Raj Purohit said: "This is the third attack in Zaveri Bazaar. South Mumbai, and particularly Zaveri Bazaar, is the economic heart of the city. This is where
some of the highest gold and diamond trading takes place. Terrorists have found a way of destabilising the city by attacking at a place where it hurts the most: the economic hub."

Mumbai serial blasts were coordinated terror attack: P Chidambaram

Union home minister P Chidambaram said on Thursday that Wednesday's Mumbai blasts were coordinated terror attack and that all groups that are capable of carrying out such blasts are suspects.

The home minister said that the government did not have any intelligence inputs about Wednesday's blast with central and state agencies.

Ammonium nitrate with timer devices were used in the IEDs in Mumbai, Chidambaram said. It was not a remotely triggered blast and the Dadar blast was a low intensity one, he added.

He put the death toll at 18 and said that the number of injured stand at 131 including 23 who are seriously in Wednesday's blasts.

Maharashtra chief minister Prithiviraj Chavan announced compensation of Rs 5 lakh for families of blast victims.